Followers

Thursday 13 October 2011

Mock Design/Ideas for Front Cover (Magazine)

Masthead


My Masthead text 'BOOMBOX'

I choose this text as I thought it seemed quite ‘hipster’ for my masthead. Having the ragged lower edges and distortion in between the letters gives it the look/appearance of a dirty/ghetto/Hip – Hop/Rap feel and aura.


Target Audience
My target audience is an audience who listen to the hip – hop/rap style genre of music. Their age will revolve around 16 – 21yrs. The social class would typically be aimed at a lower to middle class through stereotypical statistics.

Main Cover Photo
I want my cover photo to be of a male cropped at a joint of the body (mid – shot). Why? Well, I think this shot would be good for my magazine as I could get a proper body shot showing what he is wearing and maybe some background would be shown too.
  • Ideas I have had for the main cover photo:
  • Male in front of his car (in a car park) propped up with (flat caps and maybe a microphone)
  • Male swearing in front on the camera (showing some dirty ghetto kid attitude)
  •  Male in front of the microphone (side face shot)


The Notorious B.I.G 'Biggie Smalls' Portrait



 Inspirations
Da Vibe Magazine

I’ve had some inspirations from magazines such as ‘XXL & Da Vibe’.  These two magazines are magazines catered for the hip-hop/rap media! Having fonts like there’s makes me think that mine will automatically fit into this category.


No comments:

Post a Comment